Pashley Guv`nor Bike
Call or Visit Us
The Guv’nor is a revival of one of Pashley’s oldest designs, the 1930s Path Racer, but updated to cope with the demands of modern life. Legendary Reynolds 531 steel is used by our craftsmen to produce a frame with a classic slack geometry, which provides you a dynamic yet natural riding position aided by the inclusion of authentic North Road handlebars.
It is not only unique in its ride quality but in its aesthetic, exuding an elegance that hearkens back to the simple beauty of the original design. From the gold limed black alloy Westwood rims to the Brooks B17 leather saddle that has graced the best racing cycles for over 100 years, every aspect of the Guv’nor has been carefully selected to evoke the glory of path racing history. Add to this the benefits of Sturmey Archer hub brakes, enclosed to be reliable in all weathers, and puncture resistant Schwalbe tyres and the Guv’nor becomes the epitome of refined British road cycling with the very best componentry.
The Guv’nor is a real head turner that has the performance to match, guaranteed to give you years of riding and racing pleasure.
Micro-adjust alloy seatpost, brass bell, hand-made leather grips, Guv’nor Maintenance Kit (UK only)
- Colours: Buckingham Black.
- Frame Size: 20", 20.5", 22.5" and 24.5" (double top tube frame)
- Frame: Traditional lugged and brazed construction with authentic 1930s geometry. Scalloped lugs and Reynolds 531 butted tubes. Individually hand-built
- Colours: Tubular crown, hand-brazed.
- Derailleur Rear: Sturmey Archer XRD single speed or XRD-3 speed
- Shifters: trigger shifter.
- Brakes: Sturmey Archer all-weather, low maintenance front and rear hub brakes.
- Crankset: Polished alloy crankset (46T, 170mm) with guard.
- Rim: 28" gold lined black alloy Westwood rims (26" for the 20" frame) with stainless steel spokes.
- Tyres: 28x1 1/2" Cream Schwalbe Delta Cruiser tyres (26 x 1 3/8" tyre size for the 20" frame) with Kevlar Guard belt puncture protection and reflective side walls.
- Handlebar Stem:
- Saddle: Antique brown Brooks B17 natural leather saddle with titanium chassis.
- Pedal: MKS Sylvan Stream.